Friday, August 27, 2010

What we do at WRP...we touch lives!

Happy Friday Everyone,

Part of what I love about my job is that we can literally change people's lives for the better! We can give them more freedom to do more things, and we can give them happiness as they achieve things they previously could not. Most people live in Central Oregon because of the "quality of life" that we have here. Our longest commute means we have to cross Business 97 which unless we are stopped by the train, might mean a 15 minute drive from west to east sides of Bend. Heck I can run from the west side to Costco in 30 minutes :) Sorry I am getting off track. Anyway, people come to us because they want to be able to enjoy all the outdoor fun Central Oregon has to offer. Recently one of my clients graciously wrote the following to tell me how much we have done for him. I thought I would share it with you all...please enjoy. And know that the changes Tom saw, you could see too!

Kyle,> > I told you a few weeks ago I would send you an email about how much your training has helped me, changed me. I have been doing tri's for at least 9 years now, and always content to finish in the bottom third. Once in a while I would finish in the middle, but never better. I could not figure out how guys could bike and run so damn fast and figured it was just genetic. After all, I would ride thousands of miles a year, and run hundreds of miles a year and would slightly improve my times.> > I started your class in January of this year. Six months later I did the Pacific Crest Half Ironman for my 8th consecutive year. I have never broken 6 hours on that race, and my fastest previous time for that course was 6 hrs and 14 minutes. This year I did the race in 5 hrs 51 minutes, a 23 minute improvement! And I felt great at the finish. I also finished 14th in my age group out of 40. A few weeks later I did both the Olympic and Sprint distance triathlons at Deschutes Dash. I improved my best Olympic distance time by nearly 30 minutes, and my sprint time by nearly 24 minutes. Better yet, I finished 8th in my age group on the Olympic and 3rd on the Sprint. I have never finished in the top three of an age group. More amazing was that I was only 12 minutes off the winning time overall.> > All of this I am achieving while riding my bike less than prior years, and running less than prior years. Your class is the only thing I am doing differently than in prior years with very impressive results.> > While I love to compete, I ran with some friends that I have not run with in more than a year recently. I could never keep up with them, ever. Two weekends in a row on very long runs I completely smoked them by more than 10 minutes. I was dropping them on the climbs, which I have never been able to do. Both wanted to know what I am taking to have so much improvement. I told them its your class. More importantly, its just a lot of fun to run and not be the food for the wildlife dying off the back of the pack.> > Besides all the racing and competing benefits, I just simply feel better. I feel stronger, I have less injuries, and I feel for the first time in my life that I actually have some throttle response. I used to be the diesel that could go a long way, slowly and take miles to ramp up my speed. Now, If I want to pick up the pace, I can do it effortlessly and very quickly. Its just fun and makes me feel a lot younger.> > So thank you and I am now curious to see what I will be able to achieve next summer after being in your class for more than a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment